This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. [If you require advice in relation to any [legal, financial or medical] matter you should consult an appropriate professional.]
Limitations of liability
The ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- [to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;]
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
[You accept that, as a limited liability entity, the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.]
[Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph,] you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
- General Information
- Judge’s Guide
- How can I compete at EMTSEF?
- Most Common Reasons for Projects to Fail to Qualify (FTQ)
- Judge Qualifications
- Hotel Information
- Project Forms
- Benefits for Special Award Organizations
- Judging Tips for Special Award Organization Judges
- Special Award Judges
- About Us
- Display and Safety
- Science Review Committee
- 2013 Preliminary Schedule