The ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair is run almost entirely by volunteers.
Volunteers are needed for:
General Volunteer duties such as:
• Loading and transporting supplies from UTSA to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention
Center, and unloading and helping set up upon arrival at the center.
• Setting up the exhibit floor by covering tables, organizing displays, setting up supplies
• Directing traffic at the parking garage, the check in area, on the exhibit floor and various
check points, helping students find their space assignments and answering questions they
• Directing parents and teachers to workshops especially for them.
• Clearing exhibit floor, pack up and transport supplies back to UTSA for storage.
• Performing various duties where help is most needed.
Science Review Committee Volunteers
• Reviewing projects and abstracts to ensure their eligibility and safety.
• Checking projects for the appropriate attached forms.
Must be have specialized knowledge in science and/or engineering and be able to meet
several evenings in the spring semester.
Display and Safety Team Volunteers
Verify all required paperwork is displayed.
• Inspect projects for safety hazards and forbidden items.
Must attend training session; position entails some physical activity.
Please arrive on time and check in at your post to receive a summary. Volunteer shifts are four-
hour blocks of time. If you are unable to work the exact hours, click the block that most fits your
schedule and email us at TexasScienceFair@utsa.edu. We will be happy to make the appropriate